This week, we’re talking about impact on the environment, and how we can all try to become a little more sustainable in our salon practices. After all, there is no planet B!
ON THE PANEL
Ana McCormack is a PLATINUM.KEY educator for KEVIN.MURPHY, and from working alongside her at various events over the last few years – she is perfectly placed to join in this debate as someone who is hugely passionate and dynamic about working to support the environment – in both personal and professional choices.
Joanne Gilder is a part-time GOLD.KEY educator for KEVIN MURPHY, and owns her own salon Gilded Hair in Wokingham, Berkshire where she has laid out her own environmental promise to all her clients – which is very inspirational reading indeed.
- Kevin Murphy at Tribu-te Show 2019
- 3m 37s – Plastics and KM’s commitment to 100% Ocean Waste Plastic packaging
- 6m 14s – Have we become a throw-away society?
- 7m 18s – Understanding recycling labels (see below)
- 9m 0s – Making informed choices at purchase
- 11m 05s – Our water is drinkable! We’re so privileged
- 12m 55s – The great foil debate
- 14m 30s – Collections schemes
- 16m 03s – What about people who say “what’s the point?”
- 17m 55s – What questions should hairdressers be asking of their brands?
- 21m 05s – Biodegradable towels, EcoHeads and Gleco traps
- 26m 01s – Refillable services
- 29m 01s – Do you think things are improving?
- Tribu-te Show
- Culture is Life project
- Colour World UK
- Ocean Waste Plastic
- Sugar cane bowl liners
- Gleco trap
- Biodegradable towels
- Ana McCormack
- Joanne Gilder
- Gilded Hair
Host: Nicky Pope and Lilly Cox
Guests: Ana McCormack and Joanne Gilder
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.