Kao Salon Division, home of the Goldwell, KMS and Oribe brands, introduces the Kao Salon Industry Recovery Initiative, solely focused on helping salons recover and rebuild as they emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.
Essentially, the organisation is supporting hairdressers by postponing invoicing and launching a consumer campaign telling clients how to help.
“We think that by helping salons to focus on recovery now will allow them to establish the foundation for which they can achieve the utmost success upon reopening.” says Julie Winchester, General Manager of Kao Salon Division, UK.
The initiative is comprised of three pillars of carefully constructed support campaigns; 3 main campaigns/hashtags designed to address the industry pros and the challenges they are facing at the moment.
#StrongerTogether represents Kao Salon’s financial support and unwavering partnership. Through this, Kao Salon commits to:
· Suspend invoices until local government salon closure orders are lifted
· Sponsor free-to-industry opportunities to receive business recovery insight and information
· Provide support for local businesses with activities that benefit both stylists and their salons
· Donate product to charitable organisations for key medical personnel and those in need
· Work with local trade media to present information on supporting government programs and their details and timelines
· Work with salon customers to arrive at a support plan for success upon reopening
Additionally, as a part of #StrongerTogether, Kao Salon has created a sponsored consumer digital campaign, “#WorthTheWait”. The message of this campaign is very important. It’s a consumer movement that presents a call-to-action for clients to patiently wait for their stylists instead of taking at-home measures. No home bleaching or home highlights! Share this with your clients; many hair roots pics are expected!
Kao Salon understands that the creativity is everything for colourists and stylists. #CreativityNeverStops has been created to allow them to enhance their skills via:
- Access to digital and online education programs that offer relief and inspiration to stylists during isolation
- The transformation of the annual Goldwell Creative Awards into an entirely virtual experience, adjusting entry dates to expand participation
#KaoSalonFamily was created to remind stylists that their individual recovery remains the company’s focus. The hashtag is already delivering messages of hope and positivity through the Kao Salon network. The initiative provides communication routes for stylists and salons to raise their concerns and questions. By directly inviting stylists and salons to connect with the organisation through ongoing, virtual points of contact, the community spirit is built stronger.
At Colour World UK we believe in colourists being equally important as hairdressers to the success of a salon business! Clients deserve excellent colour services, embracing the importance of a great colour consultation through to end result. We salute manufacturers and brands offering a great product innovation which enables colour technicians to explore their creativity and offer a bespoke colour to every client. We offer colour conversation and inspiration for you to browse, and respect colour-focused education and events from what’s on and where to our own Colour World UK event which support our industry and promise to do our best to bring you news and information to help you succeed.
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: