weDo is a new eco-ethical, professional brand, offering a range of vegan, cruelty-free, and 100% recyclable products, with a minimalist formula. Co-developed with the scientists of the Wella Company haircare labs, and in collaboration with hairdressers, each product has been designed with professional performance in mind. We-definitely-do!
How it all started
The weDo journey was started by a small group of passionate beauty insiders within the Wella Company who had the unique chance to start a new brand from scratch. By translating environmental sustainability into a full-fledged offering that resonated with their peers, weDo was born. The brand has now become the unofficial “eco lab” of Wella, sharing knowledge and pushing for positive change across the entire company.
Commercial Director of Wella, Sasha Dzhuras-Dotta, says: “With the launch of weDo we are tapping into the growing consumer desire for products that perform, without negatively impacting the environment. weDo create products that are not only 100% recyclable but which are made with 75% to 94% post-consumer recycled plastic. Our exclusive partnership with Plastic Bank ensures for every weDo product sold, 8 plastic bottles will be collected from the environment. Through weDo our consumers can discover great care for their hair, without negatively impacting the planet.”
- Light & Soft Shampoo, a lightly moisturising low-foam shampoo for fine hair
- Light & Soft Conditioner: a lightly moisturising conditioner for fine hair
- Light & Soft Mask: a moisturising mask for fine hair
- Moisture & Shine Shampoo: a moisturising low-foam shampoo for normal or damaged hair
- Moisture & Shine Conditioner: a moisturising conditioner for normal or damaged hair
- Moisture & Shine Mask: a nourishing mask for normal or damaged hair
- Rich & Repair Shampoo: low-foam shampoo for coarse or very damaged hair
- Rich & Repair Conditioner: instantly detangling and hair breakage reducing conditioner for coarse or very damaged hair
- Rich & Repair Mask: deeply nourishing mask for coarse or very damaged hair
- No Plastic Shampoo: a solid shampoo bar.
- Moisturising Day Cream: a moisturising hair and hand cream (hybrid)
- Nourishing Night Cream: a nourishing overnight hair cream
- Natural Oil: a hair & body oil elixir (hybrid)
- Detangle: a detangling spray
- Scalp Refresh: a refreshing scalp tonic
- Protect Balm: for hair ends and lips (hybrid)
- Spread Happiness: a scented hair and body mist (hybrid).
Why we love it
Two new technologies were developed by the weDo team, which are particularly efficient in conditioning hair. The first is a sulphate-free cleansing technology that makes cleansers particularly gentle, with a low level of natural origin surfactants, leaving the scalp at an optimal pH. The second, a silicone-free coating technology found in weDo conditioners and masks, formulated with olive oil derivates that act as natural-origin conditioning agents, to naturally envelop the hair fibre.
- Certified as vegan by The Vegan Society
- Certified as cruelty-free by Cruelty Free International
- Dermatologically tested, and formulated without sulphates, silicones, or artificial dyes
- All scented products have a special designed fragrance with an extremely low level of allergens.
weDo packaging follows the concept of the circular economy with recycled and recyclable material:
- 100% recyclable in industrial facilities
- Tubes are made with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic
- Bottles are made with 75% to 94% post-consumer recycled plastic.
- Any outer packaging is made with 100% recycled cardboard, which is also FSC certified.
weDo has partnered with Plastic Bank to continue building on its eco-ethical journey by removing plastic from the environment. This Partnership will allow weDo to have a broader impact beyond the products it develops and will help bring to life further its mission to act together towards a more sustainable world.
Plastic Bank fights ocean plastic and alleviates extreme poverty by empowering disenfranchised communities to turn pollution into wealth. Collected plastic can be exchanged by residents for rewards such as cash, school tuition, healthcare, or insurance.
For every weDo product sold, 8 plastic bottles will be collected from the environment.
How amazing is this?
On a mission
weDo is on a mission to help people transition to a happier and more sustainable lifestyle, for a more beautiful self and a more beautiful planet. The launch campaign #TogetherWeDo acts to invite and inspire people to join the movement by transforming good will into concrete actions that will affect positive change. We love this! Bravo, weDo!
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: