Craving awards? Well, good news! The Wella Professionals TrendVision Award 2021 is on and now open for entries. TrendVision has become one of the most iconic hair competitions in the hairdressing calendar and for 2021 there is even more to celebrate; new categories to enter and a live final planned for October 2021.
The competition this year has been adapted to the current climate and will combine a mixture of digital and live events. Entering TrendVision has never been easier and it’s not just open to those working in a salon. Anyone living or working in the UK or Ireland, including independent stylists, can enter, and you don’t need a Wella Professionals account. Entry can be on a model or headblock, on a male or female model for all categories.
Colourists, you will be pleased to hear this. TrendVision is a competition that never stands still and this year there are three new categories: Natural Texture Artist, which celebrates and embraces natural hair texture and two Xposure (Wella’s student competition) categories, Creative Colour and Colour the Cut.
The 2021 categories are:
- Colour Artist: Consumer friendly hair with a focus on colour. Create a look which showcases beautiful and salon relevant hair with a focus on the colour results, shade palette and overall vision.
- Colour Specialist: Premium, commercial, wearable hair, with personalised colour placement inspired by the Wella Luxelights campaign. Showcase your mastery of Balayage/Luxelights lightening technique including root shadowing and glossing
- Craft Artist: A beautiful cut and style transformation Create a beautiful transformation combining elements of cut, colour and styling.
- Editorial Look: An editorial image that reflects the Sebastian Professional brand identity Create an editorial look that reflects the Sebastian Professional attitude and submit a black & white photograph of your model look.
- ghd Style Master: Expensive looking and directional hair, showcasing strong styling mastery and session lead techniques. Exceptional styling execution with ghd stylers/ hairdryers/ curlers/ hot brushes to produce a modern, wearable look reflective of the ‘ghd girl’: confident, bold and fearless; yet poised, empowered and polished.
- Natural Texture Artist: A premium commercial look working with natural texture Showcase and amplify the natural texture of wavy, curly or coily hair through cut and colour to create a beautifully styled, shiny conditioned look.
- OPI Nail Artist of the Year (launching September 2021)
- Xposure Colour the Cut and Xposure Creative Colour: The student hairdressing competition.
Colour the Cut: Showcase colour, cutting and styling skills to demonstrate a strong total hair look. Creative Colour: Showcase the creative use of colour and its placement to create a visible hair colour maintaining hair quality and condition.
Terms and details
TrendVision Award 2021 is open to all hairdressers (except Xposure which for England, Wales & Northern Ireland is NVQ/VRQ Level 2 or 3. Scotland, NQ/NC Level 5 or 6; SVQ Level 2 or 3. Ireland, QQI Level 5 or 6). All categories are entered on Instagram and will be judged digitally. There is a digital semi-final, with plans for a live final in October 2021. Due to social distancing requirements, not all categories will be able to compete at the live final. Colour Artist, Craft Artist, Colour Specialist and Xposure will compete live, Editorial Look, Style Master and Natural Texture Artist will submit their final entry digitally. However, a winner and runner up for each category will be announced at the live final.
How to enter
Entering TrendVision on Instagram is simple. Simply upload an image that has been created in the last 12 months and not previously entered into the competition to Instagram, ensuring that you tag in @wellahairuki and use the #NTVA2021 and relevant category #hashtag.
The TrendVision journey is supported by an incredible online resource where all the information and inspiration you need is available at www.wella.co.uk/trendvision
TrendVision Award winners will receive some incredible prizes, and it’s not just the actual winners who will benefit. The salon owner will win a business education package up to the value of £1000/ €1000 to help build their salon and develop their business. Winners’ prizes include two professional photoshoots, a tailored education development programme, plus lots more. Runners up prizes include tailored education packages business education. Xposure winners’ prizes include an exclusive behind the scenes experience, hairdressing toolkit and education vouchers.
In addition, the winners of Colour Artist, Colour Specialist and Craft Artist, Editorial Look, Style Master and Natural Texture Artist categories will have the chance to participate at the International TrendVision Award.
Good luck, everyone!
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: