The annual Colour World event made its post-Covid comeback with a bang. Day one, after hours, we welcomed back 200 colour experts alongside industry professionals for a fun-filled awards ceremony.
After a VERY hot day in the MC Motors venue in Dalston, London, the evening kicked off with drag king – Beau Jangles – performing popular Nelly song… yes you guessed it, ‘hot in here’. Putting a jazz spin on it, Beau Jangles got the crowd fired up and ready to party. What they didn’t know is that the surprises didn’t stop there, and following Beau Jangles’ opening was Tomara Thomas, who had the crowd screaming with her performance, busting moves that we wouldn’t even attempt to do.
Pumped and ready to go, Colour Genius sponsors had the opportunity to present up to four models on the catwalk to inspire the audience and showcase how versatile you can be with colour, before Nicky Pope, Founder of Colour World introduced the awards ceremony by inviting the 2021 winners to the stage to have the moment they missed last year due to restrictions.
Without further ado, let’s reveal the 2022 winners…
Colour World Genius Winners 2022
- People’s Choice – Laura Smith
- Commercial Colour Genius – Nikita Fisher
- Colour Correction Genius – Morgan Graham
- Creative Colour Genius – Rachel Valentine
- Innovative Colour Genius – Nikita Fisher
- Mens Colour Genius – Sid Sottung
- #Colourtastic Genius – Casey Coleman
- Colour Communicator Genius – Heffy Wheeler
- Afro Colour Genius – Rick Roberts
- International Colour Genius – Viktoriia Vradii
The celebratory party then got started with thanks to our DJ Raul Botella. A huge thank you to the Colour World Genius Sponsors – Alfaparf Milano, Avlon, Goldwell, L’Oréal Professional Products Division, Revlon Professional and Scrummi. That’s a wrap for now. Until next year….
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: INSPIRATION