Just look at this beautiful multi-tonal look! Not only is it a little bit of colour happiness to look at, but it’s been created using just one tube of Pulp Riot Violet High Speed Toner (with a little help from some bleach). Magic, really! Here we can share how Pulp Riot artist and freelance colourist Harriet Stoles created the look. You’re welcome!
The perfect panel
- Create an even hair canvas by lifting virgin roots from level 5 to level 9 using BlondeAF rapid lift powder bleach, mixed with 20 vol developer at a ratio of 1:1.5. This ratio provides the perfect consistency for easier application. Take fine sections of hair and use a brush to apply bleach to root area, ensuring full saturation so that no natural colour is visible through the application. Once applied to all of the root area, leave to process for up to 50 minutes, then rinse and dry.
- Section hair into four panels — front, back and two sides.
- For the roots, apply Pulp Riot Violet High Speed Toner mixed with 6 vol developer at a ratio of 1:4. Leave to develop for 15 minutes.
- Apply Pulp Riot Violet High Speed Toner, mixed with 6 vol Developer at a ratio of 1:4 to the lengths and ends of the back panel. Leave to develop for five minutes.
- For the front panel, apply Pulp Riot Violet High Speed Toner mixed with 6 vol Developer at a ratio of 1:2, to help add depth to the overall look. Leave to process for five minutes.
- For the lengths and ends of the side panels, apply Pulp Riot Violet High Speed Toner mixed with 6 vol Developer at a ratio of 1:2. Leave top process for five minutes, then rinse.
Harriet’s top tip: “Always apply bleach to the roots in an upwards motion, never towards the scalp,” she says. “This gives you much more control and lessens the chance of bleach contaminating the rest of the hair.”
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: INSPIRATION