We love all of these gorgeous Summer inspired looks coming out of the salons at the moment. We are obsessing over this dreamy fruit salad cocktail transformation from Harness & Mane’s Creative Director, Gunel Kelly. You can catch Gunel on stage showing off her creative colour skills in the SHair at Colour World this year!
Gunel tells us how to achieve one of her favourite Summer colour transformations, inspired by juicy cocktails with bright and bold shades to create a show-stopping look.
- I worked with my client Lou on this fun transformation. With Lou it’s always a free flight, do what you like. I have so much creative freedom with this client. She was natural base 6 unbleached. We really wanted to achieve bright summery colours with pink and yellow in them.
- First, we global bleached it to a clean base 9.5 with plenty of bond builders to support the condition.
- For the colour, I used Guy Tang Mydentity Superpowers. I find they last super long, and you can actually charge clients money for doing these creative colours because these stay for longer than 5 minutes and the results are consistent and reliable.
- Magenta pink with phoenix fire and sheer on the roots and a front framing vertical sections were painted into a Lightening Bolt.
- The trick with all these bright colours and multicoloured bleeds is cool water rinses. It keeps them from running into each other and keeps colours last longer.