Paul Mitchell are living up to the bubbley blonde stereotype with their latest look – Prosecco blonde. Something about this colour that just makes us want to pop a bottle. Paul Mitchell Global Platform Artist – Fern the Barber (@fernthebarber) – has shared with us how he achieved this beautiful beige blonde.
You’ll need your mixing bowls, tint brushes, combs and foils. But first check out the film…
Formula 1: 1 well-rounded scoop SynchroLift® + 2 oz. (60 g/ml) 10 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer
Formula 2: 1 oz. (30 g/ml) Color XG® HLP (12/86) + 2 oz. (60 g/ml) 40 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer
Formula 3: 1 oz. (30 g/ml) Crema XG® 10N (10/0) + 1 oz. (30 g/ml) 10 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer
- Create an oval-shaped segment starting about 1 1⁄2 inches from the front hairline, all the way around the head.
- Begin the application in the front, taking 1⁄2-inch diagonal sections, with a teasy highlight technique using Formula 1. Work up to the top of the segment and mirror on the opposite side.
- Move to the back segment, working diagonally from the corner of the nape. Take 1⁄2-inch diagonal sections with the same teasy highlight technique using Formula 1. Continue foiling until you reach the top of the segment and mirror on the other side.
- Move to the top segment. Working in a chevron pattern, take 1⁄2-inch diagonal sections, tease and apply Formula 2.
- Process for 55 minutes, rinse and shampoo with Paul Mitchell® Color Protect® Post Color Shampoo.
- Towel-dry, then re-section the top oval. Apply Formula 3 to the top segment and process for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo with Color Protect® Post Color Shampoo. Condition with your favorite Paul Mitchell® conditioner.
Back to the homepage.
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: INSPIRATION