It may have been Blue Monday this week, but not as we usually know it thanks to Suzie McGill and the team at Rainbow Room International. Lifting spirits all over the shop, these blue hair transformations aim to inspire you and your clients to drop everything and try something completely new (and conveniently on-trend…). Ready to wow? Here are Suzie’s tips on how to achieve these fabulous blue hue looks.
- Pastel blue tones like these are the perfect shade for winter, give a gorgeous shine to the hair and fade out beautifully. They’re great for blondes who want to add some colour and look particularly beautiful when paired with ice white and grey tones.
- To stand out from the crowd, shades of midnight blue are a fantastic choice. Beautiful on brunette hair, they also looks incredible worn in flashes through the hair to leave a funky finish.
- Sky blue tones are not for the faint hearted but look particularly flattering on cooler skin tones either all over the hair, in highlights or through colour flashes or panels.
- For clients looking for a more unique blue, this turquoise tone will liven up any hair look. It suits all skin tones and I love teaming it with a cropped cut or pixie style.
- This multi-dimensional blue is a great choice for those who like to be creative. Mixing different shades of blue can add dimension and depth to the hair and provide an almost futuristic-inspired hue.
And as always, caring for your colour at home is key. Suzie advises recommending the following three products to your brave blue-hued clients:
- A colour depositing or colour saving shampoo to keep the colour from fading.
- A hair mask to keep colour sealed in and keep it looking shiny and healthy.
- A hair serum or shine spray to give the colour added radiance.
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: INSPIRATION