This week, we’re discussing all things PR; what is PR, what can it do for your business; how does it work and how a PR expert might be able to help you. We also talk about how to make the most of your own business and some best practice tips, too. We’re joined by two of the hairdressing industries most experienced PRs to get down to the nitty-gritty…
On the panel…
Sharon Brigden – is managing director of SLBPR, a disruptive, culturally engaged, lifestyle communications agency, respected and renowned in the hair industry for their clever, creative work for clients of all sizes.
Sally Learmonth – A former journalist, Sally founded Gloss Communications in 2005. Based in London, Sally’s clients include: Jamie Stevens, Jack Howard, Karine Jackson, Gina Conway, Bloggs Salons, and Curlformers. Offering a full range of services from PR to social media, events, and business development, Gloss also works with lifestyle and wellbeing brands including Wanderlust UK.
- 1m 18s – Elevator pitch for PR
- 2m 25s – PR is not one size fits all
- 5m 30s – How do you know when you need a PR?
- 7m 0s – Importance of chemistry (Extension of the team)
- 9m 15s – Can PR turn a business around?
- 12m 40s – Biggest PR successes
- 15m 03s – Different strategies for consumer and trade media
- 17m 20s – Maximising your budget and opportunities
- 18m 21s – The PR side of social media
- 22m 52s – Cost
- 25m 26s – There’s no such thing as bad PR?
- 26m 52s – Best practices
- 29m 24s – What do journalists look for in a PR
- Customer Service
- Difference between advertising and editorial
- Karine Jackson
- Organic Colour
- Jack Howard
- Jamie Stevens
- BaByliss Pro
- London Fashion Week
- Increase sales + footfall or bums on seats!
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lilly Cox
Guests: Sharon Brigden and Sally Learmouth
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE:
At Colour World UK we believe in colourists being equally important as hairdressers to the success of a salon business! Clients deserve excellent colour services, embracing the importance of a great colour consultation through to end result. We salute manufacturers and brands offering a great product innovation which enable colour technicians to explore their creativity and offer a bespoke colour to every client. We offer colour conversation and inspiration for you to browse, and respect colour-focused education and events from what’s on and where, to our own Colour World UK event 2019 which support our industry and promise to do our best to bring you news and information to help you succeed.
Looking for some more colour inspiration? Here you go: